Bazetta Christian Church was founded in November 1848 by Calvin Smith, a noted evangelist for the Restoration Movement.  Mr. Smith, who was born and raised in Bazetta Township, met with many residents who wanted a church in their area.  A church building was soon erected on the southeast corner of the crossroad at West Bazetta Corners, later known as Klondike Corners.  The original church faced to the west with two door openings.  One door was used by the women and children who sat on the lectern side of the church and the other by the men and boys 12 and older who sat on the pulpit side.  The one-room church was heated by two coal stoves and lighted by oil lamps.  At one point in history a very important person spoke from the pulpit of this church, President James A. Garfield.

In 1893, the church was moved to the northwest corner and in those early years there were several systems of lighting.  First were the oil lamps, then a gasoline gravity system with the tank in the belfry.  The third system was a pressure system and after that came the 32-volt with batteries.  When the Ohio Public Service brought the line by the church, the electric lighting system was installed.  In 1912, a parsonage was built on the southwest corner on a lot donated by L.H. Everitt from his farm.  The parsonage was built at a cost of around $800 and the house remains at the same location today.

In 1972, groundbreaking took place on a snowy April morning for the new sanctuary and the first service was held in the new church building in December of that same year.  In 1974, the original church was donated to The Trumbull County Historical Society.  The building was moved to the fairground’s Historical Village where it still stands and on July 28, 1974 the doors of the oldest church in the county were opened once again.

In 1998, we celebrated our Sesquicentennial in service to Christ and our community. In November 2018 we celebrated our 170th anniversary.

Much has happened over the years at the church on Klondike Corners.  There have been 170 years of extending the word and we plan to continue for many years to come.  Since 1966 Pastor James Osuga, Pastor Jeffrey Wheeler and Pastor Paul Leone have served the members of this church and have ministered and grown the congregation into a vibrant and loving community of Christ.